KUALA LUMPUR: There were 405 Covid-19 cases among flood evacuees as of 3pm on Thursday, but no cases were detected at relief centres, says Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

A total of 324 infectious disease cases were also detected among the evacuees, he added.

“There were 148 cases of acute respiratory infection, skin disease (93), acute gastroenteritis (75) and eight cases of conjunctivitis,” he said in a statement.

Dr Noor Hisham said the total number of new Covid-19 cases remained under 4,000 for the fifth consecutive day, with 3,528 cases recorded yesterday.

The last time the country recorded over 4,000 daily cases was on Dec 18 (4,083 cases).

Yesterday’s cases brought the total number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 2,735,241, he added.

Out of yesterday’s total, 3,425 were local cases, with the remaining 103 cases being import cases.

“A total of 3,462 cases, or 98.1% are Categories One and Two, while the remaining 66 cases, or 1.9%, are Categories Three, Four and Five,” Bernama quoted Dr Noor Hisham as saying.

Meanwhile, a total of 4,489 recoveries were recorded yesterday, bringing the current total to 2,657,074 cases.

There were 261 cases requiring intensive care treatment, with 117 of them on respiratory support.

“Four more clusters were detected, bringing the total of active clusters to 229,” he said.